- Water Flow Rate: 0.5 GPM at 60 PSI
- Allows to choose between tap water and filtered water
- Filter life: 2 months or 200 gallons
- NSF certified
- Temperature Range: 40-100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pressure Range: 30-100 psi
The Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter is the best-selling faucet filter in the market. Its filter lifespan is at 200 gallons. The filter also comes with a warranty good for two years. One advantage offered by this water filter is its ease of installation. Tools are not necessary since you just have to screw it into the tap. This water filter can easily fit most taps available in the market.
This filter gives you the option of using unfiltered or filtered water. Its diverter valve stem allows you to use unfiltered water by pushing it in or filtered water by pulling it.
This water filter removes unnecessary odors and tastes from water. It also takes out contaminants, including chlorine, giardia, cysts, lead, cryptosporidium, and sediments.
The filter does not have any indicators telling you when the filter has to be replaced. But, you should replace the filter every three months. You can easily find replacement filters on Amazon.
This particular water filter from Culligan is NSF certified.
This Culligan water filter has a polished chrome finish. It received numerous excellent reviews from users. They consider this item as the best water filter in the market designed for faucets.
As a faucet water filter, it is so easy to install it. Just attaches it to your faucet, if your faucet is standard. Don’t worry, it is compatible with standard faucets. And it also comes with some adapters that allow you to install it on some other types of faucets.
Switches between filtered water and tap water
It comes with a simple diverter tap that allows you to change between tap water and filtered water. Sometimes, we don’t need filtered water to wash dishes. And we can choose tap water directly, which can extend its lifespan.
Most Popular Faucet Water Filters
This product is the most popular faucet water filters available on the market. Thousands of people have choose it to purify water coming from their faucet. Because of its easy installation, cheap price and good performance, it is really a great faucet filter deserving to try.
Pros & Cons
- Practical mount design – its faucet mount design makes it an efficient water filter. In addition, the design itself enhances its own efficiency. It is capable of removing many contaminants, including chlorine, lead, and atrazine, among others. These contaminants normally give water its bad taste.
- Easy to install – tools are not needed in installing this water filter. A diverter tab is the only thing you need to link a supply of cold water to the filter
- Inexpensive – The water filter is among the cheapest water filters in the market
- Offers a suitable flow rate for the fresh and clean water it filters
- Easy to remove – the filter can be easily removed when it needs to be replaced. Normally, these types of filters have to be replaced after two months. It should also be replaced after it filters around 200 gallons of water.
- This water filter went through testing and certification by the ANSI and NSF
- A number of customers say it cannot remove all contaminants in the water.
Question: Does this filter have an indicator that can tell when to replace its filter?
Answer: No, it doesn’t come with any indicator that can tell you. As one of the most cost-effective faucet filters, its effectiveness and price beat everything, so we cannot expect more. In fact, you can know when to change the filter if you find the water flow slows down. Generally, this filter can fill an 8 oz. glass with water in 7-8 seconds. If you find it takes more than 10 seconds to fill an 8 oz. glass, it is time to replace a new filter cartridge. And it is highly recommended to have a new filter cartridge on hand.
Question: What’s the difference between the FM-15A and the FM-25A
Answer: Well, actually there are no more differences between them. The FM-15 has a white finish and the FM-25A has a chrome like finish. And the FM-25A is a bit more expensive than the FM-25A. Anyway, the prices don’t vary much, because they are all cheap enough, compared to other faucet filters available in the market.
Question: Does it remove flouride?
Answer: This faucet filter does not remove fluoride. It is not a RO system, so it doesn’t.
If you are just needing an affordable faucet water filter, the FM-15A is basic one, but it offers features as faucet you need. If you are limited on the budget, you can try this. Sometimes, if you have not much space to install an under sink water filter, you can try this. Anyway, we have made a full list of top 10 best faucet water filters for you to check.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more