- Water output: 50 gallons per day
- Working water pressure: 40-80 psi
- Working Water temperature: 38-100 F (4-38C)
- Max TDS: 1000ppm
- Storage tank capacity: 4 gallons
- Dimensions: 15″w x 16″h x 5″d
The Express Water 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System (RO5DX) is one of the most affordable RO systems in the market. And it also performs well. You may not hear Express Water and it also didn’t lay claim to the best reverse osmosis system in the market. However, it really gets a higher rating and many people who have bought spoke highly of its performance. Its solid quality and ease of installation are impressive. And in order to reduce cost, its parts are not made in the USA. Therefore, it is very affordable and it will not leave a hole in your pocket. If you are limited on the budget, it is one of the cheapest and most popular reverse osmosis systems you can rely on. It lowers down the entry level, when it comes to a RO system.
Compared with APEC , iSpring, Home Master RO systems, Express Water might not be well-know. However, this doesn’t mean their products are poor quality. Actually, they have been designing and manufacturing water filtration systems for more than 25 years. Their RO systems become more and more popular.
Water filter design
This system is a 5-stage RO system and these stages include:
- Stage 1 filter: a 5-micron poly-proplene sediment filter – This pre-filter is a sediment filter which can remove dust, rust, sand and other large sediment.
- Stage 2 and 3 filters: a 5-micron activated carbon and carbon block – At these 2 stages, chlorine, cloudiness, VOCs, as well as other organic chemicals can be effectively removed or reduced. The bad odor and taste of chorine can be eliminated.
- Stage 4 filter: the RO Membrane – At this stage, smaller things, such as bacteria, pesticide, viruses and other dissolved solids can be effectively removed. This is a key stage of a RO system.
- Stage 5 filter: a Post Carbon Filter – This is a post filter which can remove further odor from the storage tank.
Pros & Cons
The most impressive feature is that it is a 5-stage water filter at such a lower price. A lower price tag doesn’t mean poor performance.
- Removes up to 99% of contaminants: Similar to other mainstream RO systems, this system is able to remove up to 99% of different contaminants in the water, including bacteria, fluoride, lead, pesticide and so on. Therefore, it can offer you with pure water.
- Easy to install: Thanks to its simplified installation process, it is very easy to install. Most people all agree on that. Anyone with basic DIY skills can easily install it within 1 hour.
- Durability: This system is designed to be sturdy and durable. It has been done several rigorous test on durability, leaking and resistance, so the quality of this system can be ensured.
- Affordable: This system is not made in the USA but in Taiwan. That’s why it is so cheap. However, this doesn’t mean it is poor quality. Due to this reason, it is affordable enough.
- No certification: Well, at least, as for 2018, there is no certification.
- Shorter filters’ life: You need to change its filters every 6 to 12 months. Compared to other systems, it needs frequent replacement.
Ease of installation
This system is easy to install. And it comes with color caps as well as quick connectors. Anyone with basic DIY skill can do the job. If you have not installed such a RO system, you may need 2-3 hours to install it. If you are very familiar the installing process, you can finish installing in 1 hour. It is similar to install drain pipes and faucets.
Shorter Lifespan Filters
The only drawback of this system is the shorter lifespan of the filters. This means you need to change its filters on a regular basis, compared to other RO systems.
- Stage 1,2,3 filters: 6 months
- Stage 4, filters: 1 year
The lifespan is shorter and is only halved in contrast to the APEC ROES-50. Fortunately, the price of replacement filters is not too high. If you buy a 1-year package, you need to pay $70. If you buy 2 packages, each one is only $50. Plus, you can buy much cheaper on Amazon. You only need to pay no more than $100 to get a 3-year package excluding the RO membrane.
This RO system is an average reverse osmosis system in the market. However, it is worth having it, because of its affordability and abilities to reduce TDS. For people who have limited budget, this filtration system can offer pure enough water to cook and drink. If the budget is not a problem, there are other best reverse osmosis systems you can choose from. They will come with high-end features.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more