The Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System is very similar to the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection and Home Master TMAFC-ERP Artesian Full Contact, and this unit doesn’t come with a permeate pump. Therefore, if your feed water pressure is high enough, you can consider this model. Of course, it will produce more waste water than the models with a permeate pump.
Pure RO water doesn’t contain any minerals, because the RO membrane will not allow them to pass through. Therefore, pure RO water tastes bland because it is prone to absorb CO2 in the air and make it slightly acidic. Well, this RO filter doesn’t have this problem, because it uses a remineralization filter to add safe minerals back after the RO stage, making water taste fresh. The added minerals can raise pH of the filtered water and make it more alkaline.
This 7-stage RO system can produce up to 50 gallons of filtered water per day. Similar to other RO systems, it also can produce waste water while producing pure RO water. And the ratio of the waste water to RO water can be 4:1, a little higher than most RO systems.
As a RO filter, it is able to remove more contaminants than other types of filtration methods.
This 7-stage filter can remove up to 99% of chlorine, lead, chloramine, TDS and other contaminants. All the plastic parts are BPA-free. In a word, it is able to offer you high quality and good tasting water to consume.
Filtration System Design
Similar to other Home Master RO systems, it has a modular filter design. Therefore, it is so easy to change its filters. When you need to change filters, you just need to push the old one out and push the new one in. That’s all. And it always works. Compared to other RO systems from other manufacturers, this design is very convenient. It is so simple, because there is no tool needed. Just use your hand, you can change them with ease.
All the filters have their own housing. This means each of them is separated and they don’t share a housing. This design can effectively avoid they influence each other. And this also can help protect the filters, prolonging their lifespan.
Well, the ration of filtered water to waste water this model produces can be 1:4. This means each gallon of filtered water will finally result in 4 gallons of waste water. This is not a good sign, because this model doesn’t come with a permeate pump to increase the feed water pressure. The higher the water pressure, the less waste water. Therefore, before making a buying decision, you need to know your water pressure. If your tap water pressure is too low, this model is not right for you. And this means it will produce more waste water than you can imagine. If the water pressure is higher, it is not big problem.
Ease of Installation
Due to its modular design, similar to other Home Master models, it is designed to be easy for installation. It only requires rudimentary DIY skills. However, it comes with many accessories and figuring out them is also not so easy. If you don’t want to install it yourself, hiring a plumber to do the job is a good choice, because for a plumber, the installation is a so easy job.
If you plan to do it yourself, before installation, you need to spend time on reading its installation instructions as well as its owner’s manual. After that, you can clearly know where to start and know the steps. If you still feel confused, you can their installation videos and follow them one by one. And this can avoid any mistake.
- Video 1 – Introduction
- Video 2 – Water Faucet installation
- Video 3 – Feed water adaptor
- Video 4 – Drain saddle
- Video 5 – Mounting
- Video 6 – Final assembly and Set up
Note: This one doesn’t have a permeate pump and just skip steps related to the permeate pump.
Pros and Cons
- The filtered water tastes fresh because of the applying of a mineralization filter to add safe minerals back
- Removes a wide range of contaminants
- A longer lifespan: 1 year or 2,000 gallons
- Modular design – easy changing filters by just pushing out and pushing in
- Easy installation – No tool needed
- Comes with essential accessories, like a chrome faucet, a 4-gallon storage tank
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- Made in the USA
- Waste more water because of not a permeate pump included – the ratio of waste water to filtered water can be 4:1.
- Only produces 50 gallons of pure water per day
- Not include a UV light to kill microorganisms
- Question: How about this product and its manufacturer?
- Answer: This company is in Arizona and their products are of high quality. This one can offer high quality pure water. Although it costs more, its performance and great customer service cannot be beat. You can have a TDS meter to test the water quality yourself and you will understand what I have said.
- Question: Is there much water wasted from this system?
- Answer: Well, it may waste 3-4 gallons of water for each gallon of RO water it offers. If you buy a permeate pump, it only wastes 1 to 2 gallons.
- Question: Do I need to install a water softener to use this system?
- Answer: No, you don’t have to. Of course, if water is very hard in your area, a water softener can be a good supplement, helping prolonging the life of the filters. If water is not so bad, a softener is not essential.
Because of no permeate pump used, it is more affordable than other Home Mater models. However, this causes more water is wasted. If you don’t mind this, it is also one of the most popular and highly rated RO systems you can trust. This system scored very high on Amazon. Of course, we highly recommend you buy one with a permeate pump. Even if it is a little expensive at first, in the long run, it is worth. And you also can check our full list of the best reverse osmosis systems.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more