- A high-end RO system
- Removes up to 98% of chemicals, iron, heavy metals, sediment, and other contaminants
- A remineralization filter to add minerals, offering you good tasting water
- Advanced long-lasting filters: 1 year or 2,000 gallons
- Compatible with both city water and tap water
- A UV light filter included
- Ease of installation and changing filters
On the market, there are so many RO systems and sometimes it is a bit difficult to choose from. If you would not like to spend time on comparing options and just want to find the best one, the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System is the best choices. It performs well enough, because it is a 9-stage RO system.
This system comes with a permeate pump that can increase the feed water pressure and reduce the waste water. It is able to produce 75 gallons of pure water per day. And it only produces 1 gallon of waste water by produce 1 gallon of pure water, while others system may produce 2 or 3 gallons of waste water. Therefore, this system can help you save on your water bill by saving more water.
In order to make the filtered water taste fresh and good, it has a remineralization filter which can add healthy minerals back. The dissolved minerals in water can balance the pH of water, making it more alkaline. Therefore, the filtered water tastes fresh.
And in order to kill organisms, it comes with a UV filter which can kill up to 99.8% of bacteria, virus and other microorganisms in the water. When you need to pure the well water or other natural water sources, this feature is great. Generally, natural water sources contain more microorganisms than in municipal water sources. Therefore, a UV light filter is an essential feature. Well, one thing should be pay attention. A UV filter needs a 110V power outlet. If there is not a power outlet nearby, this feature is not available.
This system also comes with an upgraded faucet and this system uses a 3/8” diameter tubing which is larger than normal. Therefore, it can increase the water flow rates, making you get water as soon as possible.
Filtration System Design
Thanks to its modular design, changing filters become much easier than you think. Each of its filters has its own housing, which means each filter is independent and will not influence each other. And this can avoid some problems. Therefore, you will not need to worry about any debris left in the housing that can shorten the lifespan.
When you need to change its filters, the only thing you need to do is to push the old one out and push the new one in. It is so easy. And the whole process doesn’t require any tools. Just use your hand and you can complete all the things. If you also feel confused, you can read this file to learn more about changing filters.
Higher Water Efficiency
This best RO system is more efficient than other similar models. It only wastes 1 gallon of water while producing 1 gallon of clean water. This is because it uses a permeate pump to increase the water pressure, so the the RO membrane will let more pure water to pass through. Well the ratio of pure water to waste water is only 1:1, while for other models this ratio can reach 1:3 or 1:2. This means this model helps to save water for you, finally refleciting on your water bills.
Ease of Installation
Similar to Other Home Master RO system, this system is also very easy to install. If you only have rudimentary DIY skills, you can do the job. Of course, if you don’t plan to cost some time, you can cost some money to hire a professional plumber to do the job.
The only problem you may meet is to drill a hole in the sink top for the pure water faucet. However, in most cases, you don’t need to do that. Most sink tops have come with a hole, like a hole for a soap dispenser, a hand sprayer, or there is a hole with a blank cover. Before buying one, you can check if there is a hole for the coming faucet.
The installation is not complicated, but it is a few more steps. Therefore, it is advised to read its full installation instructions or its owner’s manual to learn more. And if you still feel a little confused, the manufacturer has made some videos. Watch them, and follow them step by step.
- Video 1 – Introduction
- Video 2 – Water Faucet installation
- Video 3 – Feed water adaptor
- Video 4 – Drain saddle
- Video 5 – Mounting
- Video 6 – Final assembly and Set up
These videos don’t refer to the UV filter, but you can see section 8 for more details.
Pros & Cons
- Max water output per day: 75 gallons
- High water efficiency: the ratio of waste water to pure water is 1:1
- A remineralization filter included
- UV filter kills 99.8% of microorganisms
- Removes up to 98% of chemicals, heavy metals and dissolved solids
- Modular design for easy water filter’s replacing
- Longer lifespan: 1 year or 2,000 gallons
- Easy installation
- Comes with all accessories, including a chrome faucet, a storage tank
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Made in the USA
- Tend to more expensive because of more advanced features and longer filter’s life
- Requires a 110V outlet for the UV filter
- Question: Does the remineralization filter recreate the hard water?
- Answer: Well, don’t worry about it. Hard water means a very high level of dissolved minerals. And the remineralization filter only adds a small amount of minerals back. So, just feel free.
- Question: How much water does it waste?
- Answer: Well, this depends on many factors, like the water pressure, temperature, water quality, etc. Generally, this one only wastes about 1 gallon of water to flush contaminants for each gallon of RO water provided. This feature makes it competitive to others models.
- Question: Is this system BPA-free
- Answer: Yes, of course. Any part contacting water is BPA-free.
- Question: Does this system kill microorganisms?
- Answer: No, it doesn’t contain a UV light filter. If the water quality is relatively good, a UV light filter is not essential. However, if you need to purify natural source water, a UV light filter is a must-have part.
Compared with the Home Master TMAFC-ERP, this system comes with UV filter, so it can provide much safer pure water and this also makes it perfect for natural water resources that have a high level of microorganisms. Anyway, its abilities to remove contaminants, ease of installation, modular design, remineralization filter, high water efficiency, full accessories and longer lifespan justify its price. In a word, it deserves to have. Once you have chosen it, it will offer you clean water. Of course, if you think your water doesn’t contain so many microorganisms, you can choose similar products: Home Master TMAFC-ERP- a UV filter not included. If you are limited on the budget, you can also choose a basic RO system and jsut check our list of the best RO systems.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more