- A better design to solve the most common issues that traditional RO systems have
- Offers highly pure water
- Removes up to 99.9% of chemicals, iron, metals, microorganisms, as well as other contaminants
- Can be used to purify well water because of the UV filter to kill microorganism and the iron filter to protect the RO membrane
- A longer filters’ life – 2000 gallons or 1 year
- Modular design – it is easy to change filters
- 2x water flow rate
This RO system is able to remove up to 98% of the solids, chemicals and metals in our water and kill 99% of microorganisms, like bacteria and viruses. Once you have this system, pure water is available all the time.
This system offers larger bore piping which helps to increase the water flow rate. And this system can offer you up to 50 gallons of RO water every day. Of course, water output may be influenced by the water pressure and temperature. It is common sense that lower temperature and lower water pressure will reduce the water output.
Generally, this system produces each 1 gallon of filtered water while producing 4 gallons of waste water that is used to back flush its filter system. The water efficiency is lower than other models. Well, you can use a permeate pump to raise the water pressure to make it reduce the waste water. If you use a permeate pump, it only produces about 3 gallons of waste water by producing 1 gallon of pure water and the water output per day can be up to 75 gallons. This means a permeate pump is an essential investment for this system. Of course, you need to buy one separately. It is worth buying such a permeate pump.
Filtration System Design
Thanks to its modular filter design, it is so easy to change its filters. Of course, each filter has its own housing, which can avoid the influence on each other within 1 shared housing. And this design is helpful to prolong the filters’ life. If you have used a RO system with a modular filter design, you will find it is pretty easy to change their filters. The only thing you need is to pull out the old one and push the new one. That’s all. And there will be no any mess.
The UV light filter uses a UV bulb to emit lighting to kill microorganisms in the water and the bulb should be replaced every year. And it is recommended to replace the whole UV unit every 3 years.
Its RO membrane has a longer life and you need to change it every 3 to 5 years. And it is so easy to do that. If you don’t know how to change a RO membrane, you can learn more from this pdf file.
It is hard to say this system has high water efficiency according to the ratio of waste water to pure water. And the ratio is higher to 4:1, so it is under the average level. This ratio means each 1 gallon of pure water will cause another 4 gallons of waste water, while most other best reverse osmosis systems only produce 3 or 2 gallons of waste water for each gallon pure water. Therefore, in order to improve its efficiency, a permeate pump is a must-have accessory. Of course, waste water can be used to water gardens, as well as other non-drinking use.
If you value the efficiency, you need to add a permeate pump. Once a permeate pump is used, it only produces about 1 gallon of waste water by producing 1 gallon of clean water. Plus, the water output per day can be up to 75 gallons. Therefore, it is highly recommended to add such a permeate pump.
Ease of Installation
Its color-coded pipes and modular design make it much easier to install. Anyone with basic DIY skills can do the job. The whole process will be finished in about 1 hour. All the tools needed are common and can be found in most households, including a crescent, a drill and a Phillips screwdriver. It comes with everything else, like Teflon tape, so you don’t need to buy them separately.
Before installation, you need to read this pdf file to learn more. This file is about its installation instructions and owner’s manual. It explains how to connect and drainage pipes. Of course, some steps are not so easy to explain, so it also offers the installation videos. These videos will demonstrate how to install such a Home Master RO system step by step. You can watch them one by one and follow these steps. And this can help avoid some mistakes. Videos are much easier to be understood than installation instructions. Well, these videos don’t have a video related to the installation of a UV filter and such a UV filter requires a 110V outlet. And if you plan to add a permeate pump, another 110v outlet is also needed. This is also very important when you decided to buy this system and install it under the sink. Some of your kitchen appliances may also have occupied the outlets under the sink, like a garbage disposal or a dishwasher. If it happens, you may need to purchase an outlet extender.
- Video 1 – Introduction
- Video 2 – Water Faucet installation
- Video 3 – Feed water adaptor
- Video 4 – Drain saddle
- Video 5 – Mounting
- Video 6 – Final assembly and Set up
Pros & Cons
- An iron filter is used to remove iron
- A UV light filter is used to kill microorganisms
- A longer filter life: 1 year or 2,000 gallons for common filters
- The membrane life: up to 3 to 5 years
- Easy to change filters because of a modular design
- Able to remove up to 98% of contaminants, including dissolved solids, metals and chemicals
- Comes with a 5-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- An average water output per day: about 50 gallons per day
- Lower water efficiency
- Doesn’t come with a permeate pump.
- Question: What’s the difference of the TMULTRA ULTRA and the TMAFC Artesian Full Contact?
- Answer: The TMAFC Artesian Full Contact model has a remineralization filter that can re-mineralize the water after purifying it.
- Question: Does this system contain the “Full Contact Technology”?
- Answer: No, it doesn’t.
- Question: What’s the maintenance cost every year?
- Answer: Except the RO membrane, other filters need to be changed every 1 year. The cost is about $105.95. And the RO membrane needs to be changed every 3-5 years which costs about $56.
- Question: Is this system compatible with both well water and tap water?
- Answer: Yes, it is. It can improve the water quality of any water supply.
This system is of high quality and it can offer you safe and pure water to cook and drink. As a RO system from Home Master, it performs well enough. With its iron pre-filter and UV light filter, it is perfect for both tap water and well water. It is known that iron is harmful to the RO membrane and natural source water contains more microorganisms. Therefore, this water filter is designed to do that.
The modular design makes maintenance much easier in the future. Just push out the old ones and push in the new filter, so you can easily change its filters.
The only drawback of this system is its water efficiency. If water costs or water usage are an issue, you need to buy a permeate pump to improve the efficiency. And this can obviously solve the problem. Or you can consider other Home master Systems, like the Home Master TMHP.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more