- Removes up to 99% of 1000+ contaminants, like arsenic, asbestos, chlorine, fluoride, calcium, lead, hormones, sodium, bacteria, giardia, viruses and more.
- Offers high quality water for drinking and cooking
- Certified by the WQA (water quality association) against NSF/ANSI standard 58
- Easy installation
- Includes an European-designed brushed nickel
If you are looking for a less expensive RO water filter, you can consider this iSpring RCC7 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System. It is one of the most popular and best-selling RO systems on the market. Due to its simple design without any extra features, it is very affordable.
Besides its affordability, the water output per day can be up to 75 gallons. This feature is very great, because most inexpensive models only produce about 50 gallons of pure water per day. And as a 5-stage water filter, it is able to produce pure enough water for your family.
Each 4 gallons of feed water will get 1 gallons of pure water and 3 gallons of waste water. This means this system produces 1 gallon of pure water but also produces another 3 gallons of waste water. This filtering level is average in contrast to other models. Well, the water pressure will influence how much waste water it produces.
The installation is relatively easy and anyone who has basic DIY skills can install it within 1 hours. Plus, a water faucet and storage tank are included.
The iSpring RCC7 has cartridge type filters which have a clear plastic housing outside. Of course, these filters are not modular filters like Home Master TMAFC-ERP, so it is a little difficult to change them. Well, you will not change them very frequently, so it is not a big issue. Anyway, don’t worry about it. It is simple and easy to change them.
First, you need to use the plastic spanner wrench to loosen the housing, and then use your hand to unscrew the housing, and then take out the old filter. Now it is time to push the new one in place. After that, apply Vaseline to the “O” ring, and then use your hand to screw it, and finally use the spanner to tighten it up. The whole process is not complicated and anyone can do that.
The water efficiency of this system is average. It is able to produce 1 gallon of RO water while producing 3 gallons of waste water. Compared to other similar RO systems, this level of filtering is acceptable. However, if the water pressure is very low, it may produce more waste water. Therefore, just make sure the incoming water pressure is suitable. Or you may need a permeate pump to raise the water pressure.
Ease of Installation
This RO system works well if the incoming water pressure is between 40 and 80 psi. If the pressure is very low, below 40 psi, a permeate pump is a must-have item to raise the incoming water pressure. On the other hand, if the water pressure is very higher, above 80 psi, a pressure regulator becomes essential to protect and prolong the lifespan of the filters.
Due to its simple design, anyone with basic DIY skills can install it and it will not cost much time. You can finish the installation within 1 hour. If you don’t want to install it, you can hire a plumber to install it.
To install the water faucet, there must be a hole in the sink top. If there is no one, you need to drill one. In most situations, there is a hole existing already, like a hole for a soap dispenser, a hand spray sprayer, and just a hole with a black cover. If you don’t have a driller, it is not so easy to drill such a hole. And hiring a plumber is a good choice.
This system comes with an improved installation and owner’s manual which can show you how to install such a system. And you also can watch the installation video from iSpring. You can follow it step by step and you will find it is so easy to follow. And this can avoid some mistakes. Well, one thing should be paid attention. This system uses locking connectors not pushing fit connectors. Therefore, before pushing its plastic pipes in place, you should remove its clip first. It is highly recommended to watch its installation video carefully.
Pros & Cons
- Water output per day: up to 75 gallons
- Includes a water leakage alarm
- Replacement filters are inexpensive
- Able to remove up to 98% of different contaminants, such as chemicals, heavy metals, sediment, etc.
- Comes with a 4-gallon water storage tank and a water faucet
- 1-year money-back guarantee and 3-year limited warranty
- Designed and made in the USA
- A good customer service
- An average filtering level: 3 gallons of waste water produced per each gallon of pure water produced
- A shorter filter life
- A UV filter, remineralization filter or a permeate pump is not included.
- Question: Is the company a WQA certified manufacturer?
- Answer: Well, WQA only certifies products not manufacturers. And this product is WQA certified.
- Question: Does this system filter out fluoride.
- Answer: Yes, it does, because it is a reverse osmosis system. Other types of filters cannot do that.
- Question: Is it easy to install it?
- Answer: Of course, it is very easy to install it. Of course, you also can call a plumber to do it for you.
- Question: How often to change its filters?
- Answer: Well, this depends on how you use it or the quality of the feed water. You can use a TDS meter to test the water quality.enerally, the pre-filters should be changed every 6-12 months. And the RO membrane needs to be changed every 3 to 5 years.
- Question: How much water does it waste?
- Answer: Well, this also depends on many factors. Ideally, it wastes 3 gallons of water by producing each gallon of pure water – an average level.
As a basic 5-stage RO system, this system is simple enough, very affordable, and easy to install. People who have used it spoke highly of its performance and affordability. However, one drawback of this system is its filter life that is shorter than other systems. Considering its cheap price of replacement filters and cheap purchase cost of this unit, it is acceptable.
Also due to its basic and simple design, it doesn’t come with an indicator to tell when to change its filters. Therefore, a TDS meter becomes essential. Such a tool can help to test the efficiency. If there is an obvious dropdown on the water quality, it is a sign that you need to change its filters.
In a word, if you are sensitive to the price but also need a RO system that offers high quality water, the iSpring RCC7 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System is a good choice.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more