The New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter System is not your typical faucet filter. It can easily purify water coming straight from the tap. The filter can provide households a near-endless supply of clean water. This filter is connected directly into the faucet. A kit can also be used under the sink.
The water faucet filter offers 1,500 gallons of water before it is necessary to replace the filter. In addition, it can be used by a family of four people for at least twelve months.
Features of the New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter System
This countertop or faucet water filter can offer you crisp, fresh and good tasting filtered water. Once you open your tap, you can get instant clean water to drink. It is able to remove or reduce major pollutants to meet the EPA standards. These contaminants include floating solids, asbestos, organic and inorganic arsenic,chlorine, trihalomethanes, mercury, lead, PCBs, pesticides, and herbicides.
Without the requirement of professional installation skills, you can easily install it yourself. It offers two ways of installation. If you use it as a countertop or faucet water filter, just quickly attach it to a faucet. If you use it as an under sink water filter, you may need to buy a conversion kit to mount under the sink. In most situations, it is recommended to install on the counter.
This filter offers a 1-year warranty against defects and workmanship. And a 30-day money-back guarantee is also included.
Suitable for: Families in the market for an unlimited supply of clean and fresh tap water. This water filter can provide a household with gallons of clean water that seems to sparkle when they are in a glass. It shows that the contaminants were already removed.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- It features ten separate filtration stages
- The filter cartridge can be easily replaced.
- It does not remove beneficial minerals, like magnesium, fluoride, and potassium
- This filter offers a maximum of 1,500 gallons of water before it should be replaced.
- Takes up a good amount of sink space. It measures 4.6 x 5.4 x 12 inches
- Cannot be used to supply water for the whole house.
Question: Can I use this water filter to filter out fluoride?
Answer: Actually, you cannot use this filter to get rid of fluoride in water. And you can use a reverse osmosis system to get rid of fluoride. This one can reduce magnesium, Potassium, chlorides (not chlorine) and fluoride, but these contaminants are left in the filtered water too. This means this filter cannot filter out them completely.
Question: Is it easy to install?
Answer: Yes, this one is pretty easy to install. It doesn’t require more DIY skills. You can do it. Even if you have some problems, you can call the company directly and you will get the answer and know what to do for the installation.
Question: So what are the 10 stages?
Answer: The 10 stages mean it use more than 10 stages to purify water, including the following:
- Stage 1 – It is a 30-micron sponge filter. It can remove large sediments or solids, such as rust.
- Stage 2 – It uses 8 oz. of KDF-55 (a patented alloy) to remove some heavy metals and free chlorine. And it is also a good Bacteriostat. This stage can prolong the lifespan of the filter. .
- Stage 3 – It uses a 10-micron felt pad to get rid of smaller floating solids and separates the layers, preserving their integrity.
- Stage 4 – It uses granulated activated carbon, superior coconut shell and 30 cubic inches of ultra fine mesh. Granulated activated carbon is used to remove chlorine, bad color and odors. It is one of the most cost-effective way and has been accepted by the E.P.A. And G.A.C is used to remove organic pollutants which may cause a cancer. These organic contaminants include arsenic, pesticides, herbicides, mercury and trihalomethanes.
- Stage 5 – It uses a 10-micron felt pad to remove fine sediments.
- Stage 6 – It uses 7 cubic inches of ion exchange resin to effectively reduce lead to meet the minimum E.P.A. standards.
- Stage 7 – It uses an additional 30 micron felt pad to offer an extra buffer against floating sediment of any kind.
- Stage 8 – It uses 7 cubic inches bed of G.A.C. that offers extra protection against cancer.
- Stage 9 – it uses 2 oz. of calcite. This can effectively lower the water’s acidity by raising its pH. During this stage, the water becomes alkaline, and many nutritionists highly recommend drinking alkaline water.
- Stage 10 – it is a 1-micron depth filter. In this stage, smaller cysts and protozoa, (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium) can be screened out. This means it can give your water a sparkling clarity.
Question: Is it a reverse osmosis system?
Answer: Of course, not. Even if it is a 10-stage water filtration system, this doesn’t mean it is a RO system. Actually, it is able remove chlorine and heavy metals, but cannot remove fluoride that a RO system can remove.
This one is a faucet water filter and you also can call it a countertop water filter. If you don’t have much space under the sink, it is an ideal choice. And it is also very portable, so you can take it anywhere you like. If you are not interested in it, you can also check our other lists: top 10 best faucet water filters or top 10 best countertop water filters.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more