An inline water filter is normally placed directly on a home appliance or the water line to reduce the space it takes up. They may also be installed in a reverse osmosis system to help filter water. These filters normally make up the last stage in a reverse osmosis system. Inline water filters at as the last cleaning in a reverse osmosis system. The inline water filter is also called an inline post filter. Inline water filters are also used to filter water for a number of home appliances. These home appliances include coffee makers, ice makers, and other similar appliances with a low flow rate.
Best Inline Water Filter
There are numerous options available for this water filter. We looked for the best inline water filters in the market to give you an idea on which one fits your needs. The list also includes a review of these inline water filters. The filters in the list were selected based on reviews, quality, rating, uses, and price.
Watts Inline Water Filter 20,000 gallon Capacity- Inline Filter
- Has a capacity of 20,000 gallons
- Went through WQA testing and certification
- It can lessen the odor and taste of chlorine. It is also bacteriostatic
- Ideal for water fountains, refrigerators, water coolers, ice makers, commercial coffee makers, campers, RVs, and boats
- Simple to install into existing plumbing fixtures.
This Watts Inline Water Filter offers numerous uses. This water filter is ideal for refrigerators, ice makers, water coolers, water fountains, and commercial coffee makers.
This water filter is ideal for the house, a camper, a RV, or a boat. The expected lifespan of the water filter from Watts can reach up to five years. Its total capacity can reach up to 20,000 gallons. This water filter is also NSF-tested. In addition, it can trim down chlorine odor and taste. The filter can also decrease the buildup of scale.
It has a special filtration media that features bacteriostatic properties. These properties extend the life of the filter further than its expected five-year lifespan.
The inline filter from Watts will decrease spots, cloudiness, and flakes in water. This reduction is clearly seen right after the filter is installed and the initial flush.
The Inline Filter from Watts is among the best models on the market. It also received 4.5 stars out of a total of 5 stars.
- The 20,000-gallon capacity of the filter is the biggest among all products in the market.
- It has a 4.5-star rating.
- This is the only product in the list that was WQA certified and tested
- Most adaptable product on the list.
- Simple to install and maintain.
- While it is NSF certified, the filter does not have a certification that it can lessen chlorine.
- Flow rate will go down after a year of use.
- Additional fittings for the mounting bracket may be needed for certain models.
Culligan RC-EZ-4 EZ-Change Premium Water Filtration Replacement Cartridge
- Minimizes any bad odor or taste. It also reduces the taste and odor of chlorine. The filter can also reduce class III particles, It has a twist-off twist-on mechanism,
- Its fittings can be easily connected
- The filter uses a twist-off and twist-on mechanism while its fittings can be easily connected. It also has a double water shutoff mechanism.
- This 3,000-gallon filter is NSF certified
- It can reduce bad odor and bad color. The filter also reduces odor and taste of chlorine. It can also remove class III particles
- This filter uses a RC-EZ-1 replacement cartridge
The Culligan RC-EZ-4 EZ-Change Premium Water Filtration Replacement Cartridge is a convenient and practical choice for owners of an ice maker or even a refrigerator. This water filter is simple to install and maintain.
Users can easily screw in or out the filters. This makes the filters both practical and simple to change for any user. The filter also reduces the smell and taste of chlorine, specifically class III. It can also lessen lead to a considerable level. In addition, the filter also reduces cysts, like turbidity, cryptosporidium, and lindane.
The 3,000-gallong capacity makes this filter ideal for houses, campers, RVs, and boats. It is quite simple to change the cartridges. These cartridges can be used up to six months or when its usage reaches 500 gallons. Changing the cartridges only requires them to be screwed on and screwed off.
- Simplest to install among all the products on the list.
- Decrease parasitic cysts in water, including turbidity and cryptosporidium
- Got an average rating of 4.5 stars
- Among the cheapest products on the list
- It can reduce bad odors, bad colors, and bad taste in the water.
- The 3,000-gallon capacity is among the lowest in the list.
- It is necessary to change the filter cartridges every 500 gallons or around six months.
- While it can lessen bad odor and taste, other reviews should it is not efficient in doing this.
GE SmartWater Inline Filter System
- Its inline filtration process provides ice using filtered water for beverages
- Can be easily connected to refrigerators without their own filtration system. It can be attached into the water line of an icemaker or refrigerator.
- Designed to remove lead, cysts, asbestos, and other similar contaminants.
- Its filter can last up to six months making it necessary to replace it after six months.
The GE SmartWater Inline Filter System features an adaptable and compact design. This allows the filter to be positioned in areas where you cannot fit other filters. It is perfect for areas with limited spaces. This filter is ideal for ice makers, refrigerators, and coffee makers.
It is easy to install this filter. In addition, it is also easy to maintain. Due to this, you do not need a lot of tools in installing and maintaining this filter. All the necessary tools and equipment come with this filter.
The filter can be connected into the water lines of an ice maker or a refrigerator using its twist and lock mechanism.
This filtration system is designed to reduce lead, chlorine-resistant cysts, and asbestos. It can easily make your water clear once it is installed. The filter also makes the water taste better.
- Designed to remove lead, cysts, and asbestos.
- Its twist and lock mechanism makes it easy to change cartridges
- It comes with all necessary adapters and connectors
- The compact design of the filter allows it to be place in areas with limited space
- Received a 4.5 rating
- Limited warranty of 30 days
- It is necessary to change cartridges every five to six months.
- A hose washer may be needed due to issues with its release valve
3M Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Quick Change Water Filtration System
- It is capable of removing cysts to offer fresh and clean water
- These parasitic cysts may or may not be present in the water
- The system offers a better reduction of the taste and odor of chlorine. It can also reduce sediment, soil, sand, and rust in water.
- It can be installed within 30 minutes and has a filter life of six months.
- Maintains a consistent flow of water without using its own faucet head.
The 3M Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Quick Change Water Filtration System is ideal for people looking to connect a filter directly into the water line under the sink. It gives users clean drinking water straight from their tap. This filtration system makes it easy to reduce contaminants in tap water. It is also certified to remove cysts, including cryptosporidium and turbidity.
This filtration system from 3M is designed to lessen the color, odor, and taste of chlorine from your tap water supply. It also reduces sediments giving you fresh and clear water. The filtration system comes from a well known brand offering the best water filtration systems in the world.
This filtration system comes with an electro-statically charged filter media. The media functions like small magnets that attract and capture small particles that are normally overlooked by other filters.
It may be somewhat challenging to install this filtration system. But, it can easily fit under any sink. Installation takes around 30 minutes. It also requires the use of at least a screwdriver. You may have to use other tools depending on the water line and sink of the house.
After the filtration system is attached into the cold water line, homeowners can enjoy clean tap water that is comparable to bottled purified water.
- Its electro-statically charged media offered enhance filtration
- The system can be placed under any sink to provide fresh and clean drinking water straight from the tap.
- This is the only filtration system that fits under a sink
- It is produced by a trusted appliance brand
- Aside from its 4.5-star rating, it is among the most reviewed product in the list.
- More challenging to install compared to other filters
- Designed mainly for use under a sink
- It is necessary to replace the filter cartridge every six months.
Whirlpool 4378411RB Appliance Universal inline Ice/Water Filter
- This filter is compatible with any refrigerator brand with a filter access at the back.
- The filter can reduce the odor and taste of chlorine. It can also reduce the level of particles.
- This filter is NSF certified
- It is necessary to change the filter every six months.
The Whirlpool 4378411RB Appliance Universal inline Ice/Water Filter is produced by a trusted appliance brand. It is ideal for use on refrigerators from any brand. But, these refrigerators should have a filter access at the back.
This water filter is designed mainly to offer fresh and clean water. It also has an NSF certification. This water filter from Whirlpool is ideal for houses, RVs, and boats. It can be used anywhere with food that requires refrigeration.
The filter can reduce the odor and taste of chlorine from tap water to a significant degree. This model can also bring down the level of particles and visible distortions or discolorations that can affect the quality of water.
Aside from reducing bad odors and tastes, it can also reduce the level of noticeable contaminants in water. The filter can also reduce limescale buildup, sediments, dirt, and dust in water.
It is easy to install and maintain this filter due to its push-on connectors. This ensures the unit will not move around once it is installed.
- This filter is produced by a trusted appliance brand.
- Its push-on connectors prevents it from moving around once it is installed.
- The filter can reduce the level of limescale buildup, rust, and dirt in water.
- It can reduce the number of particles as small as five microns
- This filter can be easily installed and maintained.
- It is compatible to refrigerator brands that have a filter access in the back.
- It only has a four-star rating, which is lower than the 4.5 rating of other brands.
- Some reviews show some issues with leaking.
Culligan IC 1 EZ-Change Inline Icemaker and Refrigerator Filtration System
The Culligan IC 1 EZ-Change Inline Icemaker and Refrigerator Filtration System offers fresh and clean water for you every day. This filter was meant to be connected to the water and ice supply of the house.
It is capable of removing bad odor and taste from water. The filter can also reduce the odor and taste of chlorine along with other particles. This stops them from entering the water stored inside a refrigerator.
It can be easily connected into the drinking system of the refrigerator. This gives your family fresh and clean ice and water all the time. The quick-connect fittings ensure it remains connected until it requires replacement. It can handle a maximum of 3,000 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced. Replacing filters is quick and easy with its twist-on/twist-off mechanism.
An inline water filter is a useful and practical in the house. It provides fresh and clean water at an affordable price. We hope this article provides you with helpful tips when you are in the market for an inline water filter. You can also check another article about soft water filters if you are looking for one. These units can give you clean soft water that you may want for the house. There are a number of brands currently available in the market.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more