It is important for you to know the type of filter your refrigerator has in case you would need to replace it. Filters normally last around six months before it is necessary to replace them. Due to this, it is essential to monitor its usage and change it whenever necessary.
The type of refrigerator you have determines the filter you will need since not all refrigerators are the same. Filters used in one refrigerator may not fit in another.
Best Refrigerator Water Filters
The following list shows the best refrigerator filters available in the market. Check out the filter size and models its can be used on. This ensures the filter is suitable for your refrigerator.
GE General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
- Installation is as easy as twisting and locking
- Filter life of six months before replacement is necessary
- Can filter 18 different contaminants
- It is compatible with a number of refrigerators from GE
This filter is the most suitable option for you if you have a GE refrigerator at home. It features premium filtration systems. This filter can lessen the entry of lead, some pharmaceuticals, and chlorine-resistant cysts. The filter can also deal with another 15 contaminants that are normally found in water.
In addition, it is easy to replace the filter. All you need to do is to twist the filter until it locks into place. This means you do not have to worry about making a mess each time you replace the filter. The filtration system in this filter is among the most advanced among all the filters offered by GE. It also went through testing and was verified to take out pharmaceuticals. These pharmaceuticals include progesterone and ibuprofen, among others. But, this particular filter may not fit all refrigerators in the lineup of GE. This makes it important to check your refrigerator’s model number to ensure it is compatible with the filter.
It is a suitable replacement to different filter models, including the GWF, GWF01, GWF06, GWFA, and the MWFA. Similar to other filters, it is advisable to replace this filter every six months or after it filters around 300 gallons of water. Since it is not easy to measure the volume of water it filters, you can follow the six-month rule.
- Easy to install and replace
- Filters out contaminants to provide water that taste great
- Replacement can be done every six months.
- It is only compatible with refrigerators from GE
Samsung Genuine DA29-00020B Refrigerator Water Filter
- It provides clear and clean water
- Takes out impurities while keeping good minerals
- Uses a high-grade carbon block
- Replacing the filter is easy
The filter can take out different types of impurities in water. While the revolutionary technology allows it to remove contaminants from water, it does not affect any minerals that are beneficial to your health. One of the minerals it keeps in the water is fluoride.
This filter is also NSF-certified. It uses a high-grade carbon block to protect your entire family. The carbon block can prevent 99 percent of dangerous contaminants from entering your water supply. In addition, the water filter is also easy to replace. It only requires you to remove the old filter from the filter compartment before twisting in the new filter. Once you do this, you can now use the new filter in the refrigerator.
- It provides great tasting water with little effort
- The filter removes harmful substances while keeping beneficial minerals.
- Easy to replace the filter.
- Its new design has the tendency to leak
Frigidaire WF2CB PureSource2 Ice & Water Filtration System
- Can replace most filter from Frigidaire
- NSF certified
- Takes out most contaminants
- Can help lessen taste and odor of chlorine
This particular filter has a good record when it comes to filtering water. It ensures all types of contaminants are removed from the water.
The filter can take out 91 percent of mercury, 99.3 percent of lead, and 99.99 percent of cysts. In addition, it can also remove 92 percent of pesticides Lindane. The filter also takes out 98 percent of Atraxine and Alachlor.
This filter is also capable of reducing other types of contaminants in the water. It is also NSF certified. The filter can also lessen the taste of chlorine in the water. In addition, it can also reduce any sediment in the water.
Since this filter is not compatible with all refrigerators, you should check if this filter is the one you need. The filters it can replace are the FC-100, NGFC 2000, SWF2CB, and WF2CB.
- Compatible with most filters from Frigidaire
- Certified safe for use all the time
- Prevents most contaminants from entering the water to make it taste great
- The latest filter design is faulty and causes it to leak
Premium Whirlpool 4396508, 4396510, EDR5RXD1, NLC240V, Kenmore 9085, Kitchenaid, Maytag
- Its activated carbon block can take out 99 percent of contaminants
- Features NSF certification in different areas.
- Lessen chlorine levels to a considerable degree
This water filter features a high-density activated carbon block, which makes it a great water filter. All the parts of the filter also went through testing using the standards set by the NSF.
Following the tests, the filter also received a certification in different areas. It was certified to reduce chlorine levels and is lead free. The filter also is certified for structural integrity and material safety. Due to this, you are getting a filter that functions properly and is made of durable materials.
Its activated carbon block also functions well as a filter. This carbon block can take out 99 percent of chlorine in the water. Due to this, its odor is removed and its taste will improve.
The water filter can also take out cysts in the water. Its carbon filter block also features harmless additives designed to take out heavy metals. These heavy metals have a negative effect on health. The heavy metals it can remove are arsenic and lead, among others. This filter can remove up to 99.5 percent of these heavy metals.
- This water filter can take out a majority of harmful contaminants in the water.
- It meets all standards due to its NSF certification.
- The filter has the tendency to leak, which can result in issues if it is not stopped.
EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter
- The filter is compatible with refrigerators from leading brands
- Has an NSF certification
- Can be used to replace filter 4
- It lessens a total of 23 types of contaminants
This particular filter is among the best in this list and its features show the reason why. It has an NSF certification showing that it can reduce more contaminants in the water compared to other filters available in the market.
The contaminants this filter can help reduce are lead, pesticides, mercury, and waterborne parasites, among others. It can reduce a total of 23 contaminants in the water. In addition, this particular water filter can be used in a number of refrigerators from different manufacturers. These brands include KitchenAid, Amana, Jenn-Air, Maytag, and Whirlpool.
It is also the only suitable replacement for the UKF8001 filter, which is not available in the market anymore. This filter is ideal for side-by-side refrigerators and bottom freezer that use filter 4.
It is important to replace this filter every six months or every 300 gallons of water it filters. This ensures it can take out most of the contaminants in the water.
- It can remove all contaminants found in the water
- Can be used for six months before replacement is necessary
- It is NSF certified to meet standards in safety
- Produces water that tastes great
- Produces weak or low pressure
- It has black charcoal that stays inside its filter
The market currently has numerous options if you are looking for a suitable water filter for your refrigerator. Your choice would depend mainly on the filter that is most compatible with your refrigerator. Many of the top refrigerator brands are covered in the list. But, it is still important to check if the water filter is compatible with your refrigerator. You should consider this before you buy a water filter for your refrigerator.
In addition, you should also check if the filter you selected can stop most of the contaminants in the water. You can also check if it can produce water that tastes good for the entire family. It is essential to carefully consider your choice so you will find the most suitable water filter you can use for your refrigerator.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more