Installing a water filter under the sink has become more and more popular, due to their increasing efficiency and abilities. These filters under the sink are under sink water filters. Under sink water filters can be reverse osmosis systems, or they also can be inline water filters, or they can be other types of water filters, just as if they are installed under the sink.
Best Under Sink Water Filter Reviews
In this article, we have made a list of top 10 best under sink water filters available on the market. They are also efficient. In the following, we will discuss their pros and cons. Plus, we also tell you why such an under sink water filter can offer your family enough clean water to drink, cook, and consume.
We hope our detailed under sink water filter reviews can help you make a wise decision. Of course, we also some information how to choose the right under sink water filter and a buying guide is also available for you.
APEC Top Tier Supreme Certified 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis system
This best under sink water filer truly has it all. It is a 6-stage water filter and includes a reverse osmosis membrane. Therefore, it is also a RO system which can offer you clean filtered water. Unlike other types of water filter, it can bring tap water to under 10ppm of TDS. This means it can drastically improve the quality of your water. Plus, it also adds some beneficial minerals, like magnesium and calcium, adjusting the pH of the filtered water to become slightly alkaline. Because of the pH and minerals, the filtered water tastes fresh and crisp.
And it is also easy to install it. You can directly install it under the sink. Without hiring a plumber, people with basic DIY skills can install it.
It comes with a storage tank, so you don’t need to wait but enjoy the fresh water when you open its faucet. Plus, this system is made in the USA
These features above make it one of the best water filters available on the market. If you need safest, cleanest water for your family, this APEC Top Tier Alkaline Mineral pH+ 6-Stage RO system can really help. Highly recommend this system.
- Able to remove up to 99.9% of different contaminants in the water
- Balance the pH level, making it alkaline
- Adds some healthy minerals back, making it tastes fresh and crisp.
- Slightly expensive – Because it is a RO system, it can remove more types of contaminants.
- Waste more water – Flush the RO membrane is essential for a RO system, which can produce some waste water
iSpring CU-A4 4-Stage Compact, High Efficiency Under Sink / Inline Drinking Water Filter System
If you don’t want a water filtration system to produce waste water, you can choose this 4-stages models. It is not a RO system, but its performance is excellent.
As a 4-stage water filter without a RO stage, it can remove contaminants that are larger than 0.1 micron in size. The filtration level is great, considering the no use of a RO membrane. Therefore, it can offer you highly pure water and doesn’t produce any waste water.
This system doesn’t need a water tank, so it purifies water when you need. And this can help you save both money and space under the sink. And it is able to remove many contaminants, but they leave beneficial minerals like magnesium and calcium. Therefore, it doesn’t need a remineralization filter that most RO systems have.
- Removes up to 99% of contaminants
- No storage tank needs and offer unlimited flow
- Has its drawbacks when it comes to removing contaminants. For example, it cannot remove some contaminants that a RO system can do.
- A bit larger than other non-RO system, so it needs some under sink space.
Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
If you pursue the super quality water, you can consider this under sink water filter. The Home Master TMAFC Artesian is a high-end RO system which offer more advanced features than other traditional RO systems. It is a 7-stage water filtration system, so it can offer you high pure water. Due its multi-stage design and a RO membrane included, it is able to remove the widest range of contaminants, even the notorious chloramines and heavy metals. A re-mineralization filter is also used to balance the pH of the filtered water, improving its taste and smell. Its ultra-modern filter design can effectively prevent leaks and avoid micro-organism and sediment build-up. Of course, it is larger than other types of under sink water filters, so it requires a larger under sink space.
- Up to 7 stages of water filtration
- Offers super quality filtered water
- Easy to change water filters
- Balance the pH of water and improve the taste and smell
- Expensive – As a high-end RO system, it is a bit expensive
- Not so easy to install it – You may need some DIY skills or you need to hire a plumber to do the job. You can watch some videos if you want to install it yourself.
iSpring 5-Stage Prestige Top Purity Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System
The iSpring RCC7 is very popular. As a RO system, it has a slim design, so it can fit nicely in under-sink cabinet. As a 5-stage water filtration system, large contaminants are removed during the first 3 stages, and then chlorine and chloramines are get rid of during the fourth stage, and other much smaller contaminants are removed during the reverse osmosis stage. A carbon filter is also used in the last stage furtherly polish filtered water again. Therefore, this filter is able to offer high quality pure water. A lead-free faucet is included, too.
- A 5-stage water filtration system
- Compact and elegant design
- Can be put in under-sink cabinet
- Larger compared to other non-reverse osmosis system
- Produces waste water
APEC WFS-1000 3 Stage Under-Sink Water Filter System
As one of the most popular under sink water filters, it is a 3-stage water filters. This means it can remove most pollutants and contaminants in our water. You can use it to purify your tap water, so you can drink high quality filtered water every day.
Of course, it is also very easy to install it, because it has a simple design. Although it looks like a reverse osmosis system, it doesn’t produce waste water and doesn’t need a water tank. That’s why it is so easy to install. Plus, it offers all the components for the installation. Maybe the installation is a little complicated than an inline filter, but it is not a big problem. And it also comes with pre-drilled holes. This means you can easily mount it on the wall.
The water pressure coming from its faucet is also very impressive. Although it is a 3-stage filer, the water pressure is also very good. Once you open the faucet, you can feel its efficiency and its good water pressure.
- Easy to install – As a basic 3-stage water filter, it is relatively easy to install. Just connect it to the cold water line and the faucet.
- A good faucet is included. The faucet is made of high quality stainless steel, not cheap plastic, so it can last for a long time and its appearance fit in your kitchen.
- Only has one finish – This means it is not suitable for all the time. For example, if you have a vintage style in your kitchen, this one is not suitable at all.
Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System
If you would not like to pay much on an under sink water filter, you can choose this budget-friendly model. Although it is cheap, it also offers you clean can crisp filtered water. This best water filter can remove a very wide range of contaminants, like chlorine, herbicides, heavy metals, pesticides and VOCs. Its effectiveness of removing contaminants justifies its higher ratings.
One impressive feature is its special twist-off design. This means it is so easy to change its filters. When it is time to replace the old ones (every 6 months), You just need to twist the old one off and twist the new filer on. So easy, isn’t it? And it only takes you about 5 minutes to replace all the filters.
Plus, this one also comes with a water faucet. Of course, you can choose different finishes, so it can match your kitchen style. Of course, make sure there is a hole on your sink.
- Easy to replace filters – Due to the twist-off design, it is so easy to change water filters.
- An indicator included – This means you don’t need to guess when to change the filters. The indicator will tell you when it is the perfect time.
- Poor O-rings – The O-rings it offers are poor. They may be easy to fail after 2 or 3 years of use. It is not expensive, and you can buy some to replace or ask the manufacturer to offer you some new ones.
- Needs to change its filters frequently – Due to its effectiveness, the filters can capture much more contaminants in a short time, so they need to be replaced about every 6 months.
CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter – 50K Ultra High Capacity
If you dislike the complicated installation of an under sink water filter, you can choose this one. It is one of the best under sink water filters on our list. As an inline water filter, it has a simple design. And what it can do and how much it costs justify its high ratings and popularity.
An obvious advantage of this filter is that it is so easy to install. It is an inline water filter. Therefore, you just need to connect it to the cold water line under the sink. It is not a RO system or other multi-stages filters, so an additional faucet is not needed. Plus, it comes with all the tools and components for the installation.
As a water filter, you would not like to change it frequently. This filter has long lifespan. It is able to purify up to 50,000 gallons water. This means even if you uses 50 gallons of filtered water every day, this filter can last about 3 years. This feature makes it one of the best. However, how long it can last depends on how much water you use and the quality of the incoming water.
- Easy to install – It is an inline water filter, so the installation is much easily than you think. You just need to connect it to your cold water line. One end is for incoming water and the other end is for the out coming water. An adjustable wrench is enough to install it.
- Only an inline water filter – Although it can last for a very long time. It may be unable to filter out some contaminants. Therefore, if your tap water is not so bad, you can choose this. Or you need to install a whole house water filter before that.
Doulton W9330958 SuperCarb Under Sink Filter System
This undersink water filter can offer you clean water to drink. And the water tastes crisp, unlike the taste of distilled water. It uses a cartridge filter to purify water. It seems it is a 1-stage water filter, but the cartridge filter has 4 stages of water filtration to purify water, removing most contaminants in our water.
The first stage is a carbon block filter which can get rid of most particles in the water, like parasitic cysts, bacteria, as well as bad tastes and odors. The second stage filter is self-sterilizing. This means it will not become a source to contaminate water again. The third stage is another carbon filter which can get rid of chlorine, organic compounds, and any lingering odors and tastes. In the fourth stage, heave metals can be effectively removed or reduced.
- Multi-stage – This filter is a multi-stage water filter, so it can remove more types of contaminants.
- Durable – Its housing is very solid and the tubing is thick, making it very durable.
- Not comes with all the parts – Some parts are not included in the box. You may need to buy some separately. In most situations, the parts it offers are enough.
Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Quick Change Water Filtration System
Well, if you are looking for a cheap under sink water filter, it is probably an inline water filter. This one is the cheapest model on our list. Of course, it is able to remove contaminants.
This filter doesn’t come with a faucet, because it doesn’t need this. You can connect it to the water cold line. When you open your faucet, water will pass through this filter and becomes filtered water. Therefore, it is very simple to install it. Nearly anyone can do it. And this is able to offer you up to 10,000 gallons of filtered water without replacing. How long it can last depends on the quality of the incoming water and the amount of water you use every day.
- Effectiveness – This inline water filter is very effective and is able to remove up to 99.9% of cysts, sand, soils and sediments. Plus, it is able to remove up to 96.6% of the tastes and odors, as well as other contaminants.
- Only a basic water filter – Of course, it can improve the taste and smell of your water and can remove many contaminants. However, for some types of contaminants, it has its limitation.
- A shorter lifespan – Some people said it didn’t last 6 months. It can last about 4 months even if the water quality is relatively good.
Woder 10K-Gen3 Ultra High Capacity Direct Connect Water Filtration System
This one is also an inline water filter. As an under sink water filter, it is very cheap. However, it is NSF-certified and this system is also effective to remove many types of contaminants. If the quality of your tap water is relatively good, this one is enough to furtherly remove other contaminants in the water.
This filter comes with everything for the installation and the installation is also pretty simple. You just need an adjustable wrench to install it. Very convenient.
Similar to other inline water filters, it has a longer lifetime. This means you don’t need to replace it very frequently. This system can offer you up to 10,000 gallons of filtered water. Generally, you can use it for about 3 years without changing it. Therefore, it can save some money for you.
- Has a longer lifespan – This one can last for about 3 years or can offer you about 10,000 gallons of water.
- Easy to install – The installation only takes you about 10 minutes. It is not complicated at all.
- Water pressure is low – This is a problem if the water pressure is low in your house. It is estimated that water pressure will be reduced by about 20%. On the contrary, if the water pressure is good, this is not a problem.
- A basic inline filter – It is only a basic inline filter, so don’t expect it can remove the majority of the contaminants in the water. On the other hand, it requires a relatedly good quality of your tap water. At least, your tap water doesn’t contain so many contaminants.
Installing an under sink water filter is a good way to form drinking clean water habits. When it comes to choosing the best under sink water filter, there are some factors that should be taken into account. If you pursue super high quality water, you can choose a reverse osmosis system. If your water is not relatively so bad, you can choose a multi-stage non-reverse osmosis system. If you only need one to improve water taste, an inline water filter is enough, assuming the quality of your tap water is relatively good. In this review, we have made a list for you. You can choose one of them according to your needs.