Water ionizers are among the things you need for the home these days. These appliances enhance the quality and pH level of your water supply. Aside from filtering your water supply, it can also change the alkalinity and acidity of water. This allows you to have a supply of safe drinking water at home. Alkaline water offers numerous health benefits if it is drunk daily. On the other hand, acidic water is ideal for cleaning.
Best Water Ionizer
This guide provides you will all the information needed about water ionizers. In addition to the comparison, it also offers a review of the top 10 best water ionizers currently available in the market. This allows you to know more about these different water ionizers. You can use this guide to know which appliance is most suitable for your needs. It also allows you to know the reasons why you should get one for the home. The guide also provides some of the negative effects when ingesting too much alkaline water.
Tyent UCE-11 Under Counter Water Ionizer
- Fast Water Flow Rate
- Comes with 11 Huge Platinum Plates
- Removes up to 99.9% of many contaminants
- Perfect for high-end kitchens
- Lead-free, BPA-free, and FDA Approved Plastics
- Forever Warranty
The Tyent UCE-11 Under Counter Water Ionizer is a practical water filter and water ionizing system. This unit is small enough to be installed inside a cupboard in the kitchen. It offers fresh and clean drinking water for the household. This top-rated water ionizer provides numerous health benefits to anyone using this unit.
The 11 platinum plates of this water ionizer can efficiently filter water giving you fresh and clean water all the time. Its ionizing process is fast and reliable since it uses 750 watts of power.
This unit is designed for anyone who wants a water ionizer that can be installed under the counter. It also features a multilingual service that makes it easy to use for anyone. The unit also comes with its own interactive display panel. This panel features a touch screen technology that is similar to many modern smart phones. This makes it easy to use if you own a smart phone. You can easily access all the features of the unit to allow you to control it without any issues.
It also comes with two filters integrated into the system. These filters remove 99.9 percent of contaminants from water before it finds its way into the faucet. A good number of these contaminants are harmful if they enter the water supply of the home. Due to this, this water ionizer gives you peace of mind when it comes to your water supply.
The water ionizer also comes with a ‘Forever Guarantee’. Since this guarantee covers the water ionizer forever, any issues or faults you may find will be fixed and parts replaced.
Life Ionizer MXL-9 Counter Top Alkaline Water Ionizer
- Offers a healthier lifestyle – ionized alkaline water, BPA-free and BPS-free tubing
- New and improved technology used – reach up to -800 ORP and 2.0- 11.5 pH range
- Has a sleek stylish design
- Easy to install
- Lifetime warranty
The Life Ionizer MXL-9 Counter Top Alkaline Water Ionizer is a countertop ionizer suitable for a family. It offers among the best benefits to its users. The unit is durable and made of high-quality materials. Its limited lifetime warranty also gives you peace of mind.
This ionizer produces alkaline water with the right pH level suitable for drinking. This gives its users the best antioxidant benefits. There are a number of known issues when the level of alkaline inside the digestive system is too much. Using this ionizer gives its users the benefit of avoiding too much alkaline in their bodies.
The max plate technology of the ionizer ensures it can be reliable and efficient ionize water. It features nine titanium plates coated in platinum. These titanium plates are guaranteed. Due to this, the ionizer can last a very long time.
This ionizer also features a pre-filter system. The pre-filter system is custom-configured. Due to this, your drinking water is clear and pure.
This particular ionizer enjoys the endorsement of doctors. It is also a part of the Physician’s Desktop Reference list.
The pH level of this ionizer is customizable. Users can set the pH level between 2.5 and 11. In addition, its antioxidant ORP potential reaches -830mV.
Bawell Platinum Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
- Offers both alkaline ionized water and acidic water
- A lifetime warranty
- A countertop unit
- Easy installation
- Requires minimum water pressure
It also gives you the option of choosing a range of acidity and alkalinity levels. This range is between 2.0 and 12.0. It also offers a variety of choices and allows you to customize it. You can choose an antioxidant level of +600 up to -800 ORP.
Installation only requires the faucet to be connected to the faucet at home. You can also connect it to the water supply line under your kitchen sink. But, it should be positioned on the counter. So, this unit may not be the best if you are looking for one that can be hidden inside a cupboard.
The forever limited warranty of all ionizing machines of Bawell gives you peace of mind when you purchase it.
This ionizer offers numerous benefits from ionized water. Since you can set the water’s pH level, you will enjoy healthy and clean water as well as treated water that you can use for washing and cleaning. Studies have shown that alkaline water offers numerous benefits when it is consumed on a daily basis. On the other hand, acidic water is ideal for cleaning since it is strong and can easily break dirt down. At the same time, acidic water remains gentle to avoid damaging the items you are cleaning.
You can also separate acidic and alkaline water when you purchase an electrolysis machine together with this unit.
IntelGadgets IONtech IT-757 Advanced Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
- Non-toxic ceramic ion membrane used
- pH Value Range 4.5-11
- 7 color LCD display included
- Adjustable filter life setting – offers up to 7 levels of water pH
- Automatic 10 second electrolysis chamber cleansing
You can easily change the pH level of your water supply with this unit. The ph level of water can be set from 4.5 up to 11 if you want to get acidic or alkaline water. Acidic water is ideal for cleaning. It allows water to easily break dirt down without damaging the items to be lean. In addition, ionized water offers numerous health benefits, which means you may want to get a higher alkaline level. In addition, you also have the option of selecting the antioxidant value of the water. It has a maximum value of -850V.
The titanium electrolysis plates are coated with platinum to allow them to ionize water. Even as this ionizer has a system that is not as powerful as other units in the market, it can still effectively alter the water’s pH level. Its active carbon filter filters the water before the ionization process starts in the system.
The seven-color display of the ionizer makes it easy to operate. This allows you to select the appropriate setting from its seven pH water levels. You can also set it to a neutral pH level if you only want the system to produce filtered water. It also offers four alkalinity levels along with two acidity levels for the water.
Its automatic ten-second self-cleaning feature ensures the ionizer remains clean each time it is used.
Tyent 7070 Turbo Water Ionizer
- Offers water with a pH from 2 – 12
- An advanced version
- Easy Installation
- Turbo Boost
This ionizer offers something other models are not offering to allow it to ensure your drinking water is clean. Electrolysis and filtering may not be enough to eliminate all bacteria and parasites. But, this system features antibacterial properties and can remove bacteria from the water supply. This means it can produce pure and clean drinking water. It is a modern water purification system that is better than other units in the market. It can also filter water quickly and effectively.
The system features a built-in touch screen control panel to allow you to easily control the countertop water ionizer. Its bright backlight also makes it quite visible.
The system has a voice prompt also announces whenever the ionizer is being used. In addition, it also informs you when the water is ready. The system also features an automatic outflow.
This water ionizer features complete customization. It allows you to select the pH level of the water. The pH level starts at the lowest possible level of acidity up to the highest alkalinity level. But, it is important to know that there are some side effects to consuming too much alkaline water. It is essential to follow the recommended daily amounts and avoid drinking too much alkaline water. This ionizer produces smooth and great-tasting alkaline water. In addition, it also produces acidic water that is ideal for washing and cleaning. Acidic water is ideal for breaking dirt down, which makes it perfect for cleaning.
Air Water Life Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0 | Water Ionizer
- Offers up to 7 water options – allowing you choose the pH of the filtered water
- Advanced 7-Electroplate Technology
- Comes with a built-in 1585-gallon active carbon water filter
- Self-Cleaning every 10.5 gallons
- Intuitive backlit LCD included
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
The Aqua-ionizer features seven water ionization options. It offers four variable settings in generating ionized alkaline water continuously. This type of water is ideal for numerous ailments. It can also ensure your body remains healthy. On the other hand, the non-ionized purified setting is ideal for people who want their drinking water at the same pH level. One of the two ionized acidic settings works best for cleaning and washing.
The seven electroplates of this ionizer make it most reliable and best for ionization. In addition, it is also energy efficient and durable. These electroplates are made of titanium and coated in platinum. This makes them durable and reliable.
The built-in active carbon water filter of this ionizer can quickly filter water. This means you do not have to wait for a long time to get your filtered water. The filter can purify more than 1,500 gallons of water and has a long lifespan. You only need to replace the filter once it filters 1,500 gallons.
This ionizer has another benefit since it can charge particles. It can reverse its polarity every time it is used. Due to this, the unit remains clean. The ionizing technology of the plates cleans this ionizer every time it filters around 10.5 gallons of water. This keeps the plates clean even if you do not do anything.
What are Water Ionizers?
Water ionizers are modern appliances connected to the home’s water supply. It can filter water while changing its pH level. Scientists use pH level to check alkalinity and acidity levels in substances.
While home water supply may be treated and appear to be clean, it actually contains chemicals as well as impurities. Water ionizers filter drinking water to remove all these impurities. It normally uses a carbon filter to do this.
Water ionizers normally have a number of customizable features. Setting the antioxidant level is one of these features. In addition, you can also set the pH level of your drinking water. You can choose pH levels of over seven to produce alkaline water. On the other hand, acidic water has a pH level of under seven.
A home alkaline water system can be installed inside a unit or on top of the counter. You can also connect it into the faucet or on the water line under the sink. With this, drinking water is treated and ionized the moment it comes out of the faucet. Water also does not need to travel far before you can enjoy it.
Water ionizers have different tank sizes. The tank size determines the amount of ionized water the system can store at a time. You will enjoy water sooner if the ionizer can store a good amount of water. It can also produce a continuous supply of water if it has a large tank instead of waiting for water to be filtered and ionized. You can look for a water ionizer with a suitably-sized water tank that is appropriate for the needs of your family.
The ionizing process is made possible with electrolysis plates. An electrical charge passes through the water. This changes the polarity of the water particle. The control panel of the ionizer allows you to change the pH level of water. It also allows you to change the oxidation level of the water. Most ionizers have self-cleaning features that ensure the electrolysis plates are automatically cleaned. Due to this, these units require less maintenance.
What Is Alkaline Water or Ionized Water?
In reality, ionized water does not refer to water containing electrically-charged atoms. Even though ionization is a term referring to dissolved ions, ionized water is associated with the water’s mineral content. Nature adds ions into water, including molecules of bicarbonate and calcium. Nature collects these molecules when water washes into the rocks and other sources of minerals. Even the cleanest and purest water in nature contains ions coming from a different part of the environment. These ions normally contain some bicarbonate and hydrogen. It is also possible for these ions to come from the air.
Pure water essentially contains nothing but water molecules. These molecules come together in liquid form. When these molecules come together, they may still break up. In these situations, it leaves negative OH ions (OH-) and positive hydrogen ions (H+). Water will be alkaline if the negative OH ions (OH-) outnumber the positive hydrogen ions (H+). On the other hand, when the positive hydrogen ions (H+) outnumber the negative OH ions (OH-), the water is acidic. Pure water has an equal number of positive hydrogen ions (H+) and negative OH ions (OH-), This situation is also called neutral.
The alkalinity and acidity level is measured with a special scale. Scientists developed this special scale. The pH level of a substance gives a numeric acidity value of 0 up to 14. Substances with a pH level are considered neutral substances. When water has a 7 pH level, it is pure and has a neutral balance of negative and positive ions. When there are more positive ions, the pH level will go under 7. In this situation, the substance is acidic. But, when a substance has more negative ions, its pH level will go above 7. This is a substance that is more alkaline. But, the number of negative and positive ions is always equal regardless of its pH level.
How Do Water Ionizers Work?
The way water ionizers work is actually simpler than you think. You may want to know this if you are in the market for a water ionizer. Water ionizers have two stages and these stages are easy to understand.
The first stage in the ionizing process is filtering. While the home water supply is clean enough to use for washing, it may not be clean enough for drinking. Some locations may have a water supply that is not safe for drinking. Pharmaceutical and industrial waste may contaminate water to a certain degree. Water suppliers do not normally screen these impurities. This means it is advisable to filter your water supply using a basic filtering jug to remove these contaminants.
Water ionizers filter water when it enters the home. It uses a number of techniques to ensure the water is clean. A special filter removes bacteria and particles from water. It may also take out other undesirable substances in your water supply depending on the type of filter you have. These undesirable substances include traces of pharmaceutical substances, organic chemicals, bacteria, and led. Filters can also remove detergents, pollen, pesticides, and viruses.
But, filters in water ionizers do not remove all soluble minerals in the water. It does not take out useful and healthy minerals in the water. These minerals ensure our bodies remain healthy. This makes these filters better than water distillers and reverse-osmosis machines.
Many manufacturers offer different devices to filter your water supply. These devices are normally made of ceramic or magnetic materials.
It is important to measure the oxidation potential and pH level of your home’s water supply to check the effectiveness of the water filter. You should test it using the filter and without using the filter.
The ionization stage is the next step in the ionization process. In this stage, the water goes into the ionization chamber. Every mineral receives positive or negative charges in this stage. Due to this, water particles are separated into acidic and alkaline water. Acidic water is ideal for cleaning and disinfecting while alkaline water s suitable for drinking.
When the water is separated into two different supplies, minerals in the acidic stream are not suitable for drinking. On the other hand, minerals in the alkaline streams are suitable for drinking. This separation allows you to receive all the benefits offered by water. Unwanted substances like fluoride will also be removed during the process.
Alkaline water will also become an antioxidant. This provides additional benefits. The molecular structure of water will be changed. This change will result in groups made of 12 H20 clusters. It will also result in the molecules being grouped together in smaller numbers. In this situation, water is softer, smoother, and silkier. Water will also taste better.
Using a good-quality water ionizer will give you better-tasting water. It also reduces water wastage since excess water can be used for cleaning and washing.
Key Features of a Water Ionizer
- The backlit screen – A backlit screen is one of the useful features of water ionizers. It makes it easy to control the different features of the ionizer. You can set the pH level and oxidation level. In addition, you can also check the electrolysis flow rate. The screen also shows the purification and self-cleaning indicator of the water ionizer. You can also monitor the acidic water level of the machine.
- The Carbon Filter – water ionizers have carbon filters to take out dangerous pollutants in the water. Since these pollutants normally enter home water supplies, these carbon filters are important in removing them. Among the pollutants these filters remove are benzene and chlorine. They also act as antibacterial defenses. Long-lasting filters can last a long time, which means they can clean a bigger volume of water. It is important to know where you can place these filters. In addition, you should get filters that are readily available to ensure you can get one when you need it. It is normally easy to replace filters.
- The Electroplate Technology – Water ionizers use electroplates in ionizing the water. These electroplates are made of different materials. Many modern water ionizers feature plates that are corrosive resistant. They are normally made of titanium to ensure they are durable. Water ionizers are efficient since these plates use little power. These plates are normally coated with platinum. This increases its strength and increases their durability. Solid plates offer better durability compared to mesh plates. Mesh plates offer a bigger surface area that allows them to effectively ionize more water. But, mesh plates are challenging to coat with platinum. Due to this, parts of the titanium plates are exposed.
- Water Options – one of the things to consider when looking for a water ionizer is the different water options available. These water options have different features, including a neutral setting, acidity presents, and alkalinity presets. The neutral setting is designed to provide pure water. Acidic water is mainly used for cleaning. On the other hand, alkaline water is good for drinking. Many water ionizers also have options in setting the oxidation level.
- Responsive touch controls – Touch screens are among the best control panels a water ionizer should have. These screens make it easy for you to read. They also integrated features available for you to use. Due to this, it is easier and more convenient to use a water ionizer. A touch screen may show buttons and text. It is important to ensure the screen is big enough for you to read, particularly if you have some sort of visual impairment. Selecting a unit with backlight will also make it easier to read the display.
- Warranty – water ionizers from different manufacturers have different warranty periods. Low-cost ionizers normally offer short-term warranties. On the other hand, high-quality ionizers offer longer and better warranties. These warranties may even be lifetime warranties. This gives you the peace of mind in using the water ionizer. But, these warranties do not normally cover accidental damage. In addition, they can only be used when issues come out due to flaws or faults in production or installation. You should check the warranty if the area you live in offers hard water only. Normally, comprehensive warranties cover everything, including hard water issues.
How to Choose Best Water Ionizer
- It is important to select the best product suitable to your needs if you are looking for a water ionizer for the home. It is essential since you will use the product at home for a long time. Due to this, you should look at the features you will need even if their situations will change. Large families or families that are becoming bigger should look for water ionizers with large tanks. Larger tanks mean you have more water available for the household. Smaller tanks are suitable for a large family if everyone will use the water because the ionization process takes a long time. Larger electrolysis plates work best if you want the ionization process to move faster. You may also want to get units with more electrolysis plates. These plates should be made of titanium since they are lightweight and durable.
- Quality construction is another aspect you should look into when selecting a water ionizer. The unit will not last long if the unit appears fragile and delicate. It is important to look for water ionizers with durable titanium plates with a non-corrosive metal coating. The platinum coating should be dipped rather than sprayed on since it will be more dependable. Transformers in the unit should also be capable of providing suitable power to the electrolysis plates to avoid overheating. Overheating will result in equipment failure.
- Large plates are important to ensure the ionizing process is done quickly. Ionization becomes efficient with a large surface area. In this situation, the ionization process will be both efficient and effective. Small plates have the tendency of overheating the water ionizer. Due to this, the components will have the tendency to be damaged. The maximum ORP level shows the effectiveness of the water ionizer. This shows the potency of the ionization process. More plates do not automatically mean the surface area is larger. It is necessary to calculate the surface area since some water ionizers have a number of smaller plates that do not automatically mean it has a large surface area. Ionizers come in two different types of electrolysis plates. These are the mesh plates and the solid plates. Both of these plates have their own advantages and disadvantages. While mesh plates have holes, they have a larger surface area compared to solid plates. Even as little maintenance if needed for these plates, there is the tendency of sediment buildup in the holes. If the platinum coating is also sprayed rather than dipped, the titanium plates may become exposed after some time. Solid plates may have smaller surface areas but it is easy to clean them. The plates will also be fully coated in platinum compared to mesh plates. Solid plates are also strong and thick.
- Hard water has a negative effect on water ionizers. Hard water typically contains a good amount of magnesium, calcium, and other minerals. These minerals are not suitable for many water ionizers. If your location has hard water as its water supply, it is important to purchase a water ionizer that can deal with hard water. There are some warranties that do not cover damage due to hard water. So, it is important that the water ionizer you are using is designed to handle hard water.
- Water ionizers have a self-cleaning feature. All units have this as one of their standard features. It is simple to use this feature of a water ionizer. The unit reverses the polarity of its plates. With this, any sediment on the plates is loosened. The self-cleaning feature normally happens after the ionization process of the unit. When it comes to hard water, it requires a more rigorous cleaning. Due to this, it is important to ensure your unit can be opened and cleaned whenever necessary.
A Counter Top VS an Under Sink Unit
Water ionizers for the home come in two styles, the countertop unit and the under the sink unit. Both styles have their own advantages.
Countertop water ionizers are installed beside the kitchen sink. These units are connected to the faucet directly. They give safe drinking water whenever you need it. Its main disadvantage is that it has to be connected to the faucet all the time. While this is suitable for many users, there are some who consider it inconvenient. On the other hand, it is easy to install the tube that is connected to the faucet. The unit can also be easily taken from one place to another. This is convenient for people who move from one rented apartment to another.
The under the sink unit is ideal for people who do not like to see the unit on top of the counter. This is also ideal for people who want to connect the unit directly into the water line. This is not easy to do with a countertop unit since you have to drill a hole into the counter.
Under the sink units is also ideal for kitchens with limited space on the counter. These units also have larger water tanks compared to countertop units. Since they store more water, they can provide a reliable and continuous flow of water. You will not have to wait for the water to go through the ionizer. It is connected directly into the water line. Due to this, the pipes will be hidden under the sink.
Benefits of Water Ionizers
Health benefits – cleaning with and drinking alkaline water offers numerous health benefits. It can clean the digestive tract. Your skin also appears rejuvenated and refreshed. It is essential to select a pH level over 7 so the water ionizer can produce alkaline water. But, it is also important to observe the guidelines for drinking alkaline water.
Drinking – if you are looking for safe drinking water but do not want alkaline water, you can set the pH level to 7. This level means the water is at a neutral level, but will still be clean and pure. It will taste better compared to unfiltered water. The water will also feel smoother. But, if you opt to drink alkaline water, it is important to drink it every day so you can enjoy all its health benefits. A water ionizer will ensure you can measure the amount of alkaline water you are drinking.
Cleaning – acidic water is ideal for breaking dirt down while cleaning. While it does not have any harmful chemicals, it is still important to be careful when you clean to avoid injuries. Acidic water can be used for cleaning and washing. You can also use it to mop the floor. The pH level should be below 7 to get acidic water. As the number gets lower, the water will become more acidic.
Easy Installation – the latest water ionizer models are pleasing to the eye and can be installed on the kitchen counter. They are normally designed to be connected to the faucet or into the water line.
A water ionizer is a good addition to any home. This buying guide provides all the benefits you can get from drinking ionized water. Ionized water can also be used in cleaning. You should also remember that there are a few disadvantages in using ionized water. But, most water ionizers allow you to set the acidity and alkalinity level of the water. This allows you to measure and control the amount of alkaline water you drink every day.
It is advisable to purchase the best water ionizer model your budget will allow. There are a number of high-price water ionizers with the best ratings in the market. These may have large tanks and more features. Due to this, you can enjoy a dependable supply of ionized water at home. You can opt for a countertop model or an under the sink model basing on the kitchen layout. These reviews of water ionizers in the market offer an inside look at the features you can use when you purchase any of the units.
Hi, I’m a young mom and has a 3-year old boy. As a healthy living blogger, I am happy to help people who care about the quality of water, air and life make wise buying decisions and save some money. Read more