In recent years, distilled water has become more and more popular. Due to its super purity, we have enough reasons to drink distilled water. Although tap water has been treated, it also contains many contaminants and additives. For example, fluoride is widely in our tap water. You can read this article to learn how fluoride will influence our health. At least, I don’t want to drink fluoridated water again. And I don’t want to drink water that contains so many types of contaminants.
If you are concerned about the water quality, you will agree with me. Distilled water is considered as the cleanest water in the world. Well, how to get it? Actually, there are tw0 ways:
1. Buy it
You can buy bottled distilled water. It is so easy to buy them. Nowadays, most bottled water is made from distilled water, which doesn’t contain any contaminant and additives, making it taste good.
Compared to buying bottled distilled water, making distilled water at home is also another good way. The only appliance we need is a home water distiller. Such a device will help us easily make distilled water at home. And in the long run, it costs us less than buying bottled distilled water.
If you give the above two options, I would like to have a distiller to make distilled water at home. And we can control the water quality. Such a distiller will remove fluoride and other common contaminants in our water.
On the market, there are many water distillers and it is difficult to choose one. Considering this, we have made a list of top 10 best water distillers. And our reviews can help you easily find the right one based on your needs. And one of them is the Waterwise 8800 Countertop Water Distiller.
Unlike other models, it has a very unique design. Its boiling chamber is a large round kettle which is removable. This means you can remove it to fill water or clean. Therefore, this design is easy to use. Plus, the carafe is also removable.
Easy to Set up
Actually, distillation process in the lab is a bit dangerous. If you never know a home distiller, you may think it is so dangerous to use such a home distiller too. However, it is not true. Actually, it is safe to use. When you receive your package, you can set it up in several minutes. In the box, you will get the following:
- A stand
- A carafe
- A kettle
- Other accessories
The only thing you need to is to put them in their right places. The left position is for the kettle, and the right position is for the carafe
Easy to use
The only thing you need to fill its large round kettle with water (well water or tap water), and then start it by pressing its start button. That’s all. Distilled water will be collected in its carafe. It is so easy to run it.
Make 1 gallon of distilled in 4 hours
This Waterwise 8800 can make 1 gallon of distilled water in 4 hours and this mean you can use to make up to 6 gallons of distilled water per day. Compared to other models. It is more effective and faster.
Active carbon filters included
This package also comes with a 6-pack of carbon filter bags. Generally, they can last for about 1 year. They are used to get rid of VOCs in the distilled water. If there are less VOCs in your tap water, they are not essential. On the other hand, they can improve the water taste. Therefore, you need to change them on a regular basis.
- LCD screen – Unlike other models, as a high-end distiller, it has high-end features, such as a LCD screen. The LCD screen can tell you if something is wrong. For example, if you don’t put the carafe in the right place, it will said carafe to remind you. So convenient, isn’t it?
- Start or Stop conveniently – And on the control panel, there are 4 buttons. The start/stop button allows you to start or stop it at any time. For example, if you want to stop it to add some water, you can stop it and fetch out the kettle to the faucet to add water, and then put it back and restart it. And you also can purchase another carafe. One is for the distiller, while the other is stored in your refrigerator. For a big family, it is highly recommended to have more than 1 carafe.
- Programmable – Plus, there are other 3 buttons – hour, minute, and delay. You can use them to program it. For example, after filling the kettle with water but you don’t want to make it run right now, you can set when you need it to run by using these 3 buttons. This design is cool.
What contaminants does it remove or reduce?
People who need a distiller are mainly because distillation is able to remove the most contaminants in our water. And it can always provide the same quality of water. This is not like water filters. Filters tend to lose its ability to purify water, so the quality of filtered water descends gradually before replace a new filter. Distillers don’t have similar problems.
This Waterwise 8800 can remove 99% of arsenic, chlorine, fluoride, lead and other contaminants. It is able to get rid of 99.999% of microorganisms. Other types of purification methods cannot compete with this.
How to use the distilled water it produces
Actually, there are many ways to use it or consume it, including:
- Drink it. – Of course, it is perfect. It tastes good.
- Make ice. – Because it doesn’t contain microorganisms, you don’t need to worry about the bacteria or virus revive again when the ice melts.
- Make coffee – You can use it to fill the espresso machine and use it to make coffee. And it will improve the flavor of the coffee.
- Cook with it – You can use distilled to make soup, cook food, make bread, etc.
- Offer water for other water-based appliances. – These appliances need water. In order to prevent limescale, distilled water is ideal. These appliances include irons, humidifier, aromatherapy machines, etc.
Pros & Cons
- Removable kettle and carafe
- Easy to use
- LCD screen included
- Carbon filters included
- Fast distilling speed
- All in one design
- Takes up a little more counter space
Where to buy?
Of course, you can buy it on Amazon. Before ordering it, you can check many valuable customer reviews. These users can tell you its pros and cons.
If budget is not a big problem for you and you need a high-end water distiller, you can consider this Waterwise 8800. It is unique, durable, programmable and easy to use. However, it is a bit pricey. Of course, it offers high quality distilled water.